Do something sweet for animals in need on National Cupcake Day
Preheat those ovens! National Cupcake Day™ is coming up on Monday, Feb. 26 and you’re invited to help “bake” a difference for animals in need by hosting a Cupcake Day Party anytime in January or February in support of the Orillia Animal Centre.
Now in its sixth year, National Cupcake Day is a sweet fundraising event presented in partnership by the Ontario SPCA and the BC SPCA in support of local SPCAs and Humane Societies across the country. Proceeds from National Cupcake Day help the Ontario SPCA support our furry friends, big and small, who have been abused, abandoned, or are in need of a new home. The campaign has raised $2.45 million to date, with $600,000 raised last year by animal lovers across Canada.
Cupcake Day parties can be held anywhere, and on any date in January or February. Guests donate to the participating animal welfare charity of the host’s choice in exchange for a cupcake, raising critically-needed funds for animals that are abused, abandoned, neglected or no longer wanted.
To get involved and “bake a difference,” visit nationalcupcakeday.ca to register to host a Cupcake Day Party on a date that’s convenient for you. Plan your National Cupcake Day Party for home, work, school or anywhere you think people would enjoy eating cupcakes.
“The sweetest day of the year is almost here and we need you to put on those oven mitts and start that timer to help us change the lives of animals that have endured hardship and cruelty,” says Carol Beard, centre manager, Orillia Animal Centre. “The funds you raise will have a significant impact on the animal welfare societies in your community, ensuring that their life-saving work continues.”
How you can get involved:
- Register for FREE at nationalcupcakeday.ca
- Download your host kit online or self pledge $25 to receive a host kit in the mail.
- Customize your Personal Fundraising Centre online and ask your friends, family and colleagues to support your fundraising efforts.
- Send your friends and family an email through your participant centre, encouraging them to show their support by donating online.
- Plan your National Cupcake DayParty for home, work, school or wherever you think people would love to eat cupcakes.
- Hold your National Cupcake DayParty on Monday, Feb. 26 or any day in January or February that works for you.
- Bake, decorate and eat!
Visit nationalcupcakeday.ca to register, bake and donate.
KICX Country Countdown May 25
1 (2) – Kane Brown – Heaven 2 (3) – Dierks Bentley – Woman,…Friday, May 25th, 2018
Three teens wanted in Innisfil sex assault...
South Simcoe Police are asking for the public’s help to find three suspects wanted in…Friday, May 25th, 2018